Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday 9-20-09 Off Road Jeeping in Colorado





Mem & Larry at Cinnamon Pass

Mountain Goats


Engineer Pass


Well, let me just say Oh SHIT...What did I get myself into today ? We left the campground around 7:30 am and off we went on an adventure. The first few miles were not bad then Chuck decided it was time to check out an Old Ghost Town and off the main road we went. I looked at Larry and said, is this what you and Bryant did in Nelson County Va. and he said Yes, my reply was no wonder I never went. He says to me, no wonder we never invited you. Well let me tell you it got worse from there.
This is a 58 mile loop known as the Alpine Loop and is suppose to take 5 hours if you just ride but we of course were stopping for pictures, views and lunch. We went from somewhere around 8200 ft elevation to 12,800 ft at Engineer Pass. We saw deer, a herd of mountain goats and lots of chipmonks. When we finally got to the top and started down IT decided to rain, sleet, hail , snow and have lots of wind. Larry said that I did a lot better than he expected and he didn't have to tell me to hush at all. I did a lot of holding on, sitting on my hands, praying and closing my eyes.

2 comments:

ducktails said...

i think i would be like oyu pray and sit on my hands till they turned white...not my kind of ride in the country...and it sure looks cold at the top...on thing for sure it looks like you are having a good time when you are on sea level ahahha....keep enjoying..tracy

That Christine said...

You are a better woman than me Mem.. I would have pushed Tom over the edge.