Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Would you Believe????????????? 01-21-09





Wow, it is Wednesday again. Where has the time gone? We had a long weekend since Monday was a Holiday and so all of us took advantage to either go sightseeing, do work around our "rigs" or whatever.
Friday night we went to a Cuban Restaurant with several of our group and had wonderful food, but the best part was the flam for dessert. Oh my!!!!!
On Saturday, Larry and I just sort of took it easy with a "little" cleaning in the motorhome and just plain relaxing. I caught up on some TV programs that I had recorded and Larry enjoyed a nap.
Sunday we took a road trip to Tarpon Springs, which is a Greek settlment. We enjoyed wonderful food there. You may notice that we talk about food a lot. Larry and I had been there about 9 years ago but neither the Settles or Taylors had been so we were happy to introduce them to the history of the sponge industry from the Gulf of Mexico.
Monday took us to the "biggest flea market" I have ever been too. It was so overwhelming that believe it or not I really did not buy anything to speak of. Did get a few vegetables and one or two little things. I thought a lot of the things were overpriced such as the "knock off" purses which were much cheaper in Mexico.
Tuesday found us back to work with some little breaks to watch History in the Making with the swearing in of our new President. It was so cold and windy that when work was over we all adjourned to our "rigs" and stayed in for the night. Actually we went to bed around 9:30 pm.
Today was better but still cold. It is hard to believe that the two weeks are almost up and that we will be moving on to Naples and then back here on the 5th of Feb. Then I am going to head to the cold country for a week to visit Ally and her children while Doug is out of town . Something tells me I will wish I am back in Florida pounding nails before that week is over unless it does some warming up in Indiana.
Hope you are enjoyig the blog.

No comments: