Monday, January 26, 2009

Mullett Festival and Buzzard Queen Contest




Sunday Jan 25, 2009

Okay, okay I have not lost my mind completely but we did go to the Mullett(which is a fish in case you did not know that)Festival. They have music, people, more music and more people, about 2000 to be exact. Stans is a restaurant in Goodland, Florida which is described as a "Drinking Village with a fishing problem" and once a year they have this all day PARTY and then crown a Buzzard Queen. Trust me there were some people there that looked like old buzzards and by the end of the day were acting like ones too.
Monday was a beautiful day. Larry was determined to wash the Big A Bus so we just let him do his thing. Donna and I did a few errands, later I had some "downtime". After that Larry and I rode our bikes around the park and the met Tolsons and Parsons and went to dinner. Larry wanted his fix of "ribs" and we knew just the place to go, Michaelbobs, which we had been to when we were here in 2006. It was just as good as he remembered. After that Chuck treated us all to ice cream at Sweet Treats.
Today, Tuesday is manicure and pedicure day for the girls. Don't know where or what is dinner tonight but trust me it will be good. Here we go talking about food again.
There are so many things we want to do and see here but I am afraid time is not going to let us do all so I guess we will just have to COME BACK.

No comments: