Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tuesday PM 9-04-07

Okay Mimi and Papa survived the weekend and had soooooo much fun with Noah and Kate. The entire weekend was so beautiful weather wise. We actually could not have asked for better weather in Michigan the entire trip.

Saturday morning we went to the Farmers Market in Holland after which we took the children to the Sand Castle ( toy store) and let them pick out a toy. Of course Noah knew he wanted a knight and horse and Kate got a stuffed animal. Noah then asked for a stuffed animal completely pulling the wool over my eyes by picking out a Webkin. Now some of you might know what this is but I did not and it seems his Mommy had told him she had not decided if he could have one yet. Tell me a 5 year old doesn't know how to con a Mimi. You register these little animals on the web and can set up play dates and do LOTS of other things with them. After this we made to make a stop at the famous Holland Peanut Store for them to pick out their own candy for the weekend. Later in the afternoon we went to the Namovich's house for swimming and dinner. Kate enjoyed their girls but of course Noah wanted some little boys to play with. Bedtime was easy as they were worn out.

Sunday we took them on the Dune Schooner Rides in Saugatuck, which both loved. We were a little worried that Kate would be afraid but Oh No, not fearless Kate. Next was a trip to the Hescotts. Jay & Karen , Will & Sam were waiting for us to enjoy their pool and a cookout. Jay's sister, Jodi & and kids, Abbie, Ben and Cassie were there also so Noah now had BOYS to enjoy.

"Miss Clare " came to see Noah & Kate and Larry and me too I think. Larry and I had a great time but it was bitter sweet for us as Jay's parents who were our dear friends have both passed away within the last 3 years. We are so glad that Jay and Karen are now in the house and we feel they are exactly where they need to be. Monday we started out the day with another visit from "Miss Clare" and her husband Al. We enjoyed the play ground and then got the motorhome ready for travel to Indiana. Ally & Doug & Isabella made a little detour to Cranes to get apples and later we stopped and Ally & Isabella joined us in the motorhome . I told Larry we had "our baby" and all her "little chicks" in the motorhome traveling to Indy.

Tuesday morning when I woke up I thought it was rather sunny outside. Looking at the clock I realized it was 10 am. Now I ask you was I tired or what?????????? The rest of the day was spent with Ally & children. This included going to buy soccer socks, shoes and then on to soccer practice. I do remember those days with our children and realize everyday now that I am getting OLDER. It is now about10:45 pm and I will see what time I get started tomorrow.

No comments: