Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2017 and 2018

It is time for me to get back into blogging and when I can't remember things at least I can go look them up.

Jan 2017 thru December was a very  stress related for both of us.

After finishing up our HFH commitments we decided that we had to make a decision about my back and leg pain.
Long story short I had back surgery on July 24, 2017 which turned out to be the best thing I ever did.
Dr. Jacob Young in Charlottesville Va. got me out of my pain.
We went to Georgia in September for another high school reunion and then back to see Bill & Deb Dorris. Bill had fallen out of a tree stand and had an awful back injury.

From there we went to NC to teach a safety class and then home.   Went to Indy first weekNovember
for a few days and then came back for Thanksgiving with the family.  Lance, Madie's friend cooked for us.

First week of December found us in Americus again for   another round of safety training, down to Bainbridge for Ann and Maston's Christmas party and then back to Virginia for Christmas.   Taylor and Anthony announced on Christmas day that they are pregnant.

After my final checkup with Dr. Young in January we left for the trip South and HFH Builds.
Taught safety in Winston Salem NC, got to see Cathy Bullard Buck and her husband.

On to Layafette La for a 2 week build, then to Americus.

It was the year to get all the affiliates with HFH trained in safety so it was a busy time a I* am contacting affiliates informing them of classes.   I love what I am doing.

IN May we went to Indy for a kindergarten graduation for Sophia.

The most exciting thing was the birth of our first great grandchild, Annalise Charlotte (Charlie) Martin on July 26th. Got to hold her when she was less than 2 hours old.  

Spent most of the summer in Virginia, camping with our ODC group, had lots of company.
Judy and Jeff Rothwell,  Kim and Mike McNabb, Judy Switalski, and finally Don & Beth Hickman.

Went t Indy for Thanksgiving and got to see Noah play high school basketball.
Back to Americus the first of December for a week.
Home for Christmas and New Years and now I am having BACK issues again and not sure when we are leaving to go South.

We are scheduled to arrive in Americus, Ga by February 4th and be there until end of March, then for the 30th CAV reunion in Ft. Meyers, Fl and then home.

All this is subject to change after I see Dr. Young on this Friday after an MRI Thursday.




No comments: