Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday March 4, 2012

I was been an interesting week in south Texas.  As usual the wind has been blowing and blowing. That is just part of being in the Valley of Texas.   We went to visit friends from West Virginia who are down in this area working with Habitat, on Tuesday. Wednesday we went on the bus tour to different farms in the area.   Some were produce and the one that I liked the best was the Aloe Vera Farm.   I had never seen it growing in fields just in flower pots.   Very interesting to learn all the uses for the plant.
Another big thing in this area are the Flea Markets.   Now this is an experience. You can find old things, new things, probably things that you don't want to know where they came from.   I got some very pretty hair bows for the little grandaughters. 
Today I am baking pies to take to our West Virginia friends tomorrow as they are cooking lunch for a group of people and ask us to come.  
Tuesday we are going into Mexico over at Progresso .  I need a new supply of vanilla.
People are still going over there but no other towns on the border.
The rest of the week is just whatever comes along other than I think on Thursday we will go to a seminar at the Border Patrol Headquarters.
Not much else going on.

No comments: