Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday March 20, 2010

Another good week in South Florida. Our friend, Janice Parsons arrived on Monday afternoon and we helped her unpack her van and spent a little time with her talking about Ralph, and the last few weeks of his life. A few tears and lots of good times remembered and now we can go forward, not saying we will forget Ralph but we need to move forward.

Tuesday we went to the Everglades and rode the 15 mile bike path through Shark Valley. We just took our time and saw lots of alligators and birds. Came back to Everglade City and had dinner at The Depot. Not the best in the world but it was food.

The rest of the week was just a multitude of different things. Shopping, Flea Markets and visiting. We did get together with several couples that were with us on the trip this past fall when we went to the balloon festival in New Mexico.

Tomorrow Donna and I are going to Ft. Meyers to the Theater to see Ciqure Dreams. I am sure I will enjoy that.

We will be leaving here next Friday morning to go up to Georgia to visit some family and friends and then on to Virginia.

I lost a very dear friend this week. Abbie Dollar, the lady who taught me to make peanut brittle, went to Heaven. She has been ill for over a month and I had prayed for God to take her home. We had been friends for about 44 years. She was a wonderful LADY.

1 comment:

Clare said...

Hi Mem, Sorry to hear about your friend Abbie. I remember you telling me about her when you taught me how to make pnut brittle.