Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday 1-17-2010







Hard to believe the first week of building is done. We finished all the touch up work on the house that was to be dedicated yesterday. Some of the group worked on a demolition project at an old school, others worked on new construction and everyone was very tired on Friday afternoon. We all went out to dinner at Beef o Gradys here in Dade City and had a great time. Saturday morning was the dedication so most of attended. I will post some of the pictures of this. Afterwards everyone sort of did their own thing such as bike riding, sewing, cleaning , laundry etc.



We have a little thing going with "Mr. Bong", who is a ugly little critter, but so lovable. Someone is awarded Mr. Bong everyday for a "boo boo" of some sort. We have to be careful what we do and how we do it. This makes for a lot of fun for all of us. I had Mr. Bong for now setting the coffee pot correctly on Wednesday so there was no coffee for everyone that morning plus I took a couple of ladies to the store and tried to see how hot I could get the car. Had the airconditioner on but the heat control on too. Does that tell you I was tired?



Today a group of us are going to church with Irma, a lady who volunteers here at the site, she got her house from Habitat several years ago. I have always wanted to go to a Black church service and here we go. I asked Irma if I needed to pack a lunch. She is so funny and everyone loves her. Ally said she would pay to see this since she thought her Mom and Dad would never go. I plan to make a few pictures just to prove we went. I am confident the music will be great.



Coming back after church and watch the Dallas/Minnesota football game.



No comments: