Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday Oct.5, 2009

This one coming over the motorhomes

Tram coming down mountain



Spider Balloon ( for Noah)





This morning I was barely out of bed when Lar told me that the balloons were flying toward the motorhome from the back. I got on my socks, crocs, and jacket over my PJ's and outside I went. This was one of the clearest mornings we have had and it was great.






About 11 am we joined the group for a trip to Sandia Peak Tramway and an early lunch. The tramway was built between 1964-1966 and goes up 10,378 feet. The tram cars hold 50 people and we had a great view going up and I really didn't care on the way down as I did not want to look. It was very windy but until the wind gets to a certain point they do not close it down. Yesterday they did have to close it and it was very late when some people got back to the bottom. The ride up is 14 minutes and also the one down.

1 comment:

ducktails said...

saw on the news this am that one of the riders fell out of one of the balloons and dislocated his hip...apparently hit one of the tents...sounds like you are still having a good time and seeing/doing lots..keep on enjoying...