Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tuesday 2-3-09

Our weekend was a little less busy. We did go to a party at the clubhouse on Saturday evening. It was suppose to be outside but since the weather had turned cooler we had to move it inside. Sunday was a down day until about 5 pm when we went up to the clubhouse again to have a Super Bowl Party. Now most of you know that we are Steeler Fans and have been since the 70's ,when our friend Bobby Walden was playing for them, and have continued to be all these years and are now enjoying our two older grandaughters being Steeler fans. It was a good game but a heart stopper there for a while in the 4th quarter. There was a football pool here in the park so I put down some money on the $1.00 charts and $5.00 on the other chart and guess what ? I won $150.00 I had no idea what I was doing or the fact that I had won but what fun. Larry said that it would buy some disel fuel but he won't see that money. He also said to me "don't foget who brung you, baby" which is a favorite expression of our friend Jim Matheny.
Monday we went to Punta Gorda to have lunch with members of our Discovery Club and had a good time. Today has been grocery and catch up day before we move back to Dade City on Thursday. We are going out to eat tonight for PrimeRib. I just had to talk about food.

No comments: